In this final episode we finally arrive at modern Nintendo - strange, inventive, and defiant! Through tepid failures in the arcades, the forming of Nintendo of America, and the accidental discovery of a legendary video game designer.
In this episode we delve into an industry parallel to Nintendo, but unimaginably important to them: The Arcades! From 18th century wooden games, to pinball, through to the first computer games of the MIT campuses, we explore how electronic games came to be.
Bagatelle - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagatelle
Baffle Ball - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baffle_Ball
Spacebar! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!
Computer Space - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Space
Space Invaders - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Invaders
Meet "Nintendo" - the 100 year old card playing maker turned entertainment goliath. In this first of three episodes we explore the origin of Nintendo - its cultural heritage, its founders, presidents, and its long journey through love hotels and toys to the very dawn of video games.
- Hanafuda Cards - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda
- Playing Cards - http://blog.beforemario.com/search/label/Playing%20Cards
- Love Tester - http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/02/nintendo-love-tester-1969.html
- Coaster Toys - http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/03/nintendo-rabbit-coaster-game-2-and-new.html
- Companion - http://blog.beforemario.com/2013/06/nintendo-companion-ca-1965.html
- Ultrahand - http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/03/nintendo-ultra-hand-1966.html
- Laser Clay Ranges - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Clay_Shooting_System
Before Mario (Blog) - http://blog.beforemario.com/
Game Over: How Nintendo Conquered The World by David Sheff - https://www.amazon.com/Game-Over-Nintendo-Conquered-World/dp/0679736220